Sunday, November 27, 2005

6-Month blog review

I did some work on the blog over the weekend, so in case you just read the feed, you might want to hit the main site and check it out. I added the del.icio.us tagroll to the right-hand column to help people finding the site via a search and looking for specific content. I also did a couple of posts and conducted what amounts to a 6-month review of the blog.

One thing that I did notice is that I’m lacking posts that I would categorize as “network administration”, or “consulting” types of posts. For instance, I just did a post on using WMI to get SAV definition file dates on client machines, but I didn’t really explain why I was doing this, or how this might be useful to me (which I’ll do in a future post).

The other thing is that I’m going to make an effort to do is start providing posts that are a little more personalized or specific to some of the environments I work in. I think that thus far, I’ve done a good of doing posts that are technical in nature, and sometimes even business-oriented in nature, but not employer-specific. This will continue, but I think I can do it in a manner that’s a little more relevant to readers, while remaining consistent with my commitment to my employer.

Finally, what I’d really like to get more of is feedback. Obviously, we are all working with limited time, and limited resources. But any feedback I get – either via email, or via comments, I’ll definitely respond to it, and make every effort to incorporate into future posts.

No comments: